Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Smurfs + Mc Donalds Happy Meal


It was in my early grade school years when I was first introduced to the Smurfs, the three-apples tall creatures who are just too cute -- the tiny, blue ones in white hats who live in mushroom houses in the Smurf Village hidden in the forest. 

I always claim that I am Smurfette although I find Vanity Smurf endearing as I see myself in him. He is never without a mirror and is constantly worried about his appearance. I like that he has a flower on his cap and I believe that he started that notion of some men being metrosexual! :)

http://www.smurf.com/smurf.php
http://www.smurf.com/smurf.php

Anyway, I bought, not one, but two happy meals because of the toys that come with them.  One is for K1 and the other is for K2.  Of course, K1 gets to choose first because the little one wont complain anyway, not yet.  And while I would like to have Smurfette and Vanity Smurf, I chose the male ones for the boys.

(Confession:  I was so tempted into getting Smurfette and Vanity Smurf, but I would be very selfish because I might keep them for myself and that would make me a bad mom!)

Clumsy Smurf and Hefty Smurf
Clumsy Smurf and Hefty Smurf

The Smurfs bring back memories.  

Oh, and I miss Gargamel, the wizard who spends all his time trying to capture, eat, and destroy the Smurfs.  That is so evil --

Papa Smurf, Smurfette, A Smurf?!, Azrael, and Gargamel
and Azrael, the tough, mangy cat who adds up to the Smurfs' problems when they're being chased by Gargamel.  Gargamel and Azrael are the early antagonists I know of.

I just miss the episodes.  I wouldn't mind watching them again, and now with my kids with me.  It brings back memories of some three decades ago! :)

Edit:  One of our office staff, who is in her mid-20s does not know the Smurfs.  That makes me feel so old! Eek!

1 comment:

  1. uy, I love smurfs! used to watch it too. kaso i dont remember any episode eh. memory gap. we were talking, rather, I was talking, about smurfs just this lunch time. may officemates ako na a year or so older than me who don't know it. sa probinsya daw sila lumaki kaya di nila alam ang smurfs.

    ReplyDelete