Friday, August 19, 2011

Shopping in Hongkong


Aside from Singapore, Hong Kong is also known for its jewelry.  Along Nathan Road lies several jewelry shops selling different kinds of blings.  I was browsing through the displays of some shops but I brushed aside the idea of trying the pieces and buying for my self since H and the kids seem so bored waiting for me.

I really wanted a cross pendant with diamonds --


And jade in all forms --


We continued walking along the busy street of Nathan Road.

Nathan Road at night
I bought some accessories from H&M, then office wear for H from G2000.  I was looking for U2 stores but I was told that the company already closed.  Too bad, I love the U2 brand especially their not-so-serious office clothes.

Next stop, Giordano.  A visit to HK wouldn't be complete without getting anything from Giordano.  We hoarded!

We brought our stroller for K2 but apparently, it was K1 who used it most of the time as he refuses to walk.  We ended up carrying K1 while K2 was comfortably seated in his brother's stroller.

K1 sleeping while still holding on the small shopping bag

We passed by a shop selling ready to eat goodies, mostly with labels I cannot decipher.  I settled for those with labels translated in English and bought "pasalubongs" for our office staff.  By the way, no one told us that we should bring reusable bags or plastics for groceries as they charge HK$0.50 per bag, I only noticed it in our receipts.

Oh, I saw products exported from the Philippines --

CEBU Dried Mangoes - Philippine Made

Voice Combo Crackers - Philippine Made
And rip-off food items such as these --


Over-all, I love HK.  There are so many interesting things to see.

However, I and H were not able to visit Harbour Square, because our kids are in tow.  We were only able to walk along the streets near our hotel and we no longer attempted to take any public transport.

By the way, we saw these black hair-like stuff from local shops in HK, can anyone tell me what these are? They are everywhere! I assume they are edible since they are grouped with dried mussels and oysters (another, eek!) and everything else dried!

Walnuts on the left; dried mussels in front; and the "hair"

Looks gross huh?


No comments:

Post a Comment