Monday, October 31, 2011

Zubuchon


I have been to Cebu and I love the city as well as the islands.  A Cebu vacation would not be complete without bringing home some goodies such their native dried fish, otap, dried mangoes, and the so-called "Cebu Lechon".  When we were in Cebu, the famous lechon was CNT and I bought a couple of kilos for my family and friends.  And even for our office staff who is from Cebu, I always make it a point to ask her to buy me a couple of kilos of CNT Lechon every time she goes home to her province.

That changed when Anthony Bourdain for "No Reservations" went to the Philippines.  Marketman played host and Anthony Bourdain was served with lechon cooked with lemongrass, green onions, siling labuyo, local sea salt, and other herbs and spices.  The lechon was described by Mr. Bourdain as the best pig ever! That episode of "No Reservation" made me want to try Marketmanila's Cebu Lechon!


Recently, Marketman opened two stores of "Zubuchon" in Cebu.  I have been wanting to taste their lechon and everything else on their menu but Cebu is too far from Manila.

Fast forward, a cousin who went to Cebu brought us Zubuchon for pasalubong --


We immediately tried some and we find it perfectly cooked and better than that of CNT.  I love that there was a generous portion of skin.  I heard Zubuchon does not use MSG and artificial flavors and mixes.  Since we can only take so much to avoid having pains on our nape, we set aside about half of it.  The next day, we had it fried and the skin was perfect!

Who's going to Cebu, I want some Zubuchon! :)

5 comments:

  1. can i have some? i wasn't able to eat a cebu lechon when i was there!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. DM? Do you blog na din? Yummy lechon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. not yet. i wanted to but i have no idea what to write about so it's just an empty account :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is something I look forward to as it works as a stress-reliever for me! Anything under the sun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shoelover, KA has been blogging for quite sometime already but it is just for her own eyes. She won't even tell me the name of her blog! Online diary, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete