Thursday, October 6, 2011

Happiness


Sadness is a relative term and it depends on how we view things.  I equate sadness to problems and problems to a situation which for me is difficult to deal with.

In my younger years, I feel sad when I cannot play or cannot tag along my parents.  In my grade school and high school days, I feel sad when I get low grades, when my mom scolds and reprimands me, and when there's a fight between me and my siblings.  In my college and post graduate years, I feel sad when I am under stress and when there is a misunderstanding in a relationship.  Lately, I feel sad when I am tired and when I do not get the results I expect.

Like everyone else, I desire to be happy and at peace.  I base my happiness on things and conditions.  I tell myself, "I will be happy when I get good results from my work" or I will be happy when I get the jewelry or bag I want" or "I will be happy if my hubby would agree with me".  But then, as soon as I get what I want, I again become dissatisfied as I tend to desire or expect more.  I know, I am so shallow!

I then realized that it is because I have attached certain conditions to my happiness.

www.friendship-quotes.info
Through soul searching, I realized that I should not depend my happiness from something or someone else as it should come from within.  Also, I am responsible for my own happiness!

Lately, I have been thinking too much.  I tell myself that "I am disappointed and sad" and that "I am expecting more".  In the process, it is not only I who is sad as I had also affected the happiness of the people I love.  I feel sorry for that.

In this lifetime, I know problems and misunderstandings would come and it is up to me on how to deal with them.  If I want to be happy, I should not react negatively and I should always have positive thoughts.  As I have said, it is up to me.  If I choose to be happy, I would be happy and so will the people around me.

It is hard, I know.  But no matter how hard it is, I will try to have an open mind and learn how to have a positive stand.  After all, as my sister KA tells me, I am not the center of the universe!

Edit:

Oh, and as what DC just said -- "one of the simplest way to be happy is by just letting go of the things that make you sad."

No comments:

Post a Comment