Tuesday, November 1, 2011

BonChon Chicken


I met up my girl friends DC and LA for brunch.  Most of the restaurants along Tomas Morato are closed for All Saints Day and we ended eating at BonChon-Il Terrazo.


It was my first time to try BonChon.  It has a fastfood set-up where you order at the counter but you wait for your food to be served at your table.  We ordered the soy-garlic and hot and spicy chicken and chops plus fries and iced tea!  We then had cake and coffee at the other open resto in the same building, Banapple.  We had a good chat and we ended up not noticing the time.  I forgot that I offered to buy lunch for hubby.

I got home at 3:00 P.M. bringing these for my hubby--


I got him Mixed Chicken Wings, Chapchae, and Iced Tea, the latter, I think, is neither Lipton nor Nestea! :)


Hubby liked its soy-garlic and spicy glaze flavors.  It is good that it remained crisp even after I got home. The downside is while the wings were nicely coated, the insides are a bit bland.  The small size of wings are also a bit-bitin because while there were six pieces, they actually split the wings into two so there were only three pieces of wings. 


The Chapchae or Korean noodles is good but he liked his recipe better, the one with beef sirloin strips in his special sauce.  There were not much toppings for this Chapchae, just plain veggies and a few strips of egg.  I told you, hubby is a wanna-be-chef!


While hubby was enjoying his food, there was a point that he wanted to sip his iced tea.  But it was already with K1.  This is K1 sipping some iced tea! "It has caffeine Kuya, you'll end up being hyper!"

Over-all, despite the some comments from my hubby, we consider BonChon another comfort food.  The chickens are something to nibble while having a nice conversation with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment