Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Medals and Trophies


When I was in school, I was only an average student.  While I did receive a medal and certificates of appreciation when I was in GS, there was no first, second, or third honors.  The time I again received some recognition was when I was in college, when I was twice included in the Dean's List.  

With respect to my sisters, each has a story of the recognition and achievements they have gathered through out their student life.  My sisters are more serious with their studies than I and our parents could attest to that.  I could still recall the times that I was too lazy to study.

Anyway, my sisters and I each keep the proof of our hard work.  Mine was in an envelope and they are only for my appreciation.  Haha!  If we are to frame all the certificates, diplomas, and plaques we have gathered, I think we could cover all the walls of a room but mine would only cover a portion of it, tee-hee :) 

With respect to my hubby,  he and his sisters had amassed a certain number of medals -- those with red, white, and blue ribbons! I took a picture of these medals displayed in their house --


It was my FIL who arranged these medals and who carefully hanged them.  I could only surmise how proud my FIL and MIL were going up the stage and hanging these medals to their kids!

And these are the trophies they have collected --


Looking back, I wish I did well. 

My parents have not been remiss in reminding us to value education since according to them, that is the only legacy they could leave us.  Mind you, that is not easy to understand especially for a kid who only has "play" in mind.  I myself only understood this when I already finished my college education.

Now that I am a parent, I could only wish that my kids would do well in school.  I do not intend to pressure my kids as I want them to learn in a fun and exciting way.

Next school year, we will be sending K1 to a preschool in preparation for big school.  Let's see who will be having separation anxiety, him or I? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment