Thursday, October 27, 2011

Song Do - Korean Restaurant

I developed a taste for Korean dishes and kimchi after my hubby's trip to Korea a couple of years back. He was able to bring home a couple of Korean treats which include the classic kimchi -- a cabbage marinated in a mix of chili, garlic, and other spices that results in a slightly fermented and spicy side dish. 

For our usual Korean meal at home, we prepare Korean noodles and barbeque then pair them with store-bought kimchi, preferably the "homemade" ones from Rustan's or Shopwise.

Today, hubby drove for me and while we were at my office, we decided to have our late lunch at Sing Do, El Pueblo. 




I got excited after seeing the appetizers.  I have a liking for slightly spicy food.  And upon seeing the different kinds of kimchi, I know that nothing store-bought can compare. You could see that hubby can't wait to taste them --


Out of the six kinds of appetizers served before us, the kimchi made of leeks became my instant favorite.  It is amazingly good because the leeks was still very fresh and crisp and while it is spicy, it is not overpowering --


We shared the bibimbap and bulgogi.  The bibimbap was served with sauce on the side.
 
Bibimbap 
I mixed the bibimbap but not all the sauce that comes with it because it might overpower my rice.

And here is our bulgogi -- 


Bulgogi
 We feasted on our food!

The aftermath --


The verdict, we were satisfied with our meal.  Just the right lunch for a day wherein you had to rush back to the office for a couple of meetings.  While our food is good enough, I believe my hubby can out do the bulgogi and bibimbap.  But we are not ready yet with the recipe for the soup and the appetizers.

I can't wait for another Korean meal with my eating partner! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment