Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday Meeting


As working parents, H and I treat our weekends sacredly.  We devout it to our kids and if we have to do errands, we see to it that we bring them with us.  Saturdays and Sundays are our time to bond with them.  We read books, play games, and watch videos together.  I leave the dancing and singing to my hubby. Through these bonding moments, we get to know our kids more and we get to instill moral values on them.

Rarely do we leave on weekends without the kids. 

This morning is an exception.  I have to accompany dad to his early Sunday morning meeting at Starbucks-Rockwell.  Since I know it wont take long, I did not bring the kids anymore because H also needs to stay home to finish some work.  My dad and I got there early and we ordered our dose of coffee.  I got Caramel Macchiato and Macadamia Dark Chocolate Cookie, the cookie for K1 as my surprisee.  I sat down and opened my bag to get my camera and to my surprise, the little toy car which K2 got as his reward from Cuts for Tots was inside.

You can read K2's reward here.

This is not the first time that my kids' toys invade my bag.  Look at the cute little car --



After our meeting, I took a second look at the breads and pastries on display to have something for H.  I then spotted a Spinach, Artichoke, Mushroom, and Mozzarella on Rye Bread, the same thing I ordered when I was at Starbucks-Iloilo (wrote about it here) and which became my instant favorite!


When I got home, I heated the sandwich and served it with coffee.  Oops! The oven toaster burned the top of the bread. 



H was happy with his meal.  For the label, it went to the trash to erase any evidence that the sandwich was store-bought!  Haha!


By the way, at least H did not ask.  He pretended that I was the one who prepared it even if he knows that I do not cook, or prepare, meals!  :)

Since we got home early, I still have time to bond with my kiddos.  K2 got his cookie and K1 got a kiss and a hug from me!  When little boys grow up, they tend to run away when you offer your kiss and hug!

Happy Sunday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. hahhaa. ako din eh, palagi akong may gamit ni "cutesy" sa bag ko. minsan, "ano kaya yung tumutusok sa gilid ko?" yun pala, bumper ng kotse niya. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! There are times na I'm in court pa tapos mapapasmile na lang ako because of the toys in my bag!:)

    ReplyDelete