Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Inutak Local Delicacy


When you see the word "Inutak" in a food bazaar, you will surely look back and wonder if  what you've read is right.  "Inutak", I believe, is from the root word "utak", or brain in English language.  So what is it doing in a food bazaar?  I myself thought of that.
 
I had the chance to meet the people behind "Inutak Local Delicacy", a food booth at Mercato Centrale in The Fort.  "Inutak", according to them, is a local delicacy from Taguig which is a simple rice cake made of glutinous rice, coconut milk, and a bit of sugar.  

This is how they package their product --


They use a  cardboard box with a violet satin ribbon.

And here is the product --


The inside cover of the box has a heating instruction and contact numbers --

 

I was able to finally taste "Inutak" and I find it good with coffee or tea.  I think it was named "Inutak" because of its consistency which is a bit loose compared to other rice cakes or kakanins which are a bit thick, if I describe it right.  I am not a food critique! 

Anyway, the "Inutak" Local  delicacy is not too sweet and is the perfect kakanin to have for the holidays, instead of the usual fruit and rhum cakes.



"Inutak" can be bought at Mercato Centrale and soon in other food bazaars."

1 comment: