Friday, November 25, 2011

Gadgets and Senior Citizens


Technology is something which scares and intimidates me.  I do not own any of the products created by Steve Jobs and I cannot relate on the impact he introduced to people's lives.  And while I own a hand-me-down Blackberry, I do not maximize its full potential.  I do not even know how BBM works and I am not willing to pay extra for its subscription, such a cheapskate! Haha!

My case is different with my sisters and my hubby.  They own iPods, iPhones, and iPads and they feel somethings missing when they do not have their gadgets with them.  And while I thought my parents could relate to me, I was mistaken!

My dad couldn't live without the net and his gadgets are his prized possessions! Haha! Here are my dad's gadgets --

Dad's netbook, iPad, and iPhone

Dad's netbook, iPad, and iPhone

Dad uses his gadgets to check the news (which saves us subscription on newspapers), his Facebook, and Yahoo Mail.  He also Googles whatever interests him.  After all, these gadgets and technology continuously educate and entertain him.  No, he is not a tech-savvy but unlike me, he is not afraid of trying and he has a daughter who patiently helps him download Apps and teaches him with everything he needs.  And unlike me, he has the money to burn for his gadgets. Haha!

And, dad does not own a simple iPhone -- it is an iPhone 4S --


 I just hope he could maximize its full potential.  One of these days, I wouldn't be surprised when I see and hear my dad talking to a female sounding call center agent who would be acting as his secretary or companion since his iPhone 4S is equipped with Siri, a witty assistant! I heard my sister commanding Siri -- "Let's talk dirty!" and Siri answered -- "Oh, gravel" and "The carpet needs some vacuuming"!

iPad and iPhone 4S

Let's just leave the gadgets to my family.  After all, I do not feel yet their importance in my life, save for checking my mails and my Facebook, which I could easily do with whatever gadget is available and not in use.  Plus, my bag is already heavy with too much stuff which I cannot leave behind.

Don't say I am just sourgraping. Haha! :)

2 comments:

  1. hahaha, cool! daddy groovy!!! super techie ah. di pa nga ako nakakakita ng iphone 4s eh... or kahit iphone 2s, o 3s, kung meron man nun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Wala kasi tayong pakialam sa gadgets. Yes, he is a techie-daddy! Haha!

    ReplyDelete