Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Not-So-Little Sister

Woke up at 5:20 A.M. for my 8:30 A.M. engagement in Lipa, Batangas.  The not so little sister tagged along and pressed by time, we had a quick bite at Mc Donalds in SLEX.  I ordered Sausage McMuffin plus coffee and got this --



The hand in the picture is that of the not-so-little sister and look at how small the sandwich is! We are even giving justice to the sandwich since it even look bigger in this picture than in "real life".  I guess that is the price you have to pay for a fast and very convenient food.  Good thing I do not have a big stomach.

After my engagement, I allowed the not-so-little sister to drive us back since she tagged along for that purpose -- for me to allow her to practice her driving skills.  While she was driving through Star Toll and SLEX, I felt that I also needed breaks on the passenger side, pun intended.  Anyway, I realized several things when I allowed her to take the wheel -- that the not-so-little sister can now go places alone, that she have grown, and that she would need us less.

The not-so-little sister is coming out of her cocoon and would soon be exercising her independence.  Now, I do not know if I am ready for that.

Edit:  The not-so-little sister got her own car!  Almost an hour after we got home, our dad brought home a second hand car -- a fuel-efficient 1.3 A/T car which could at least bring him to places, to the "city" at that.


Good luck on your new car and please don't ask for an extension of my Shell Citi! :)

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha. si not-so-little-sister na dati ay sinusundo mo lang sa school, at kasama ako pag minsan!!!

    not-so-little- sister is really so maalaga with the nephews :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I know, not-so-little na sya dba?

    Yes, she is a hands-on tita! :)

    ReplyDelete